This website is owned and run by Aethic Ltd. (“Aethic”). Aethic is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We believe that the best way to protect the privacy of users of our website (the “Website”) is to tell you what information we gather and ensure that you understand and consent to our uses of such information.
How do we use the information collected on the site?
When you visit the Website, we may ask you for contact information, personal details and your email address. If you expressly agree to the use of your personal data for advertising or marketing purposes, your personal data will also be stored and continuously used for such purposes, e.g. for sending you newsletters, product samples, ask for your participation in competitions or sweepstakes, all via e-mail or post or any other communication channel you consented to. We may use your data to create and maintain a user profile to provide you with individualized advertising and promotions. We may also use the data provided by you for analyzing and improving the effectiveness of our website services, advertising, marketing, market research, and sales efforts.
If you do not want to receive such communications, simply tell us when you give us your personal information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We may also use your personal information to track activity on the Website. We do this in order to serve you better as we understand how you and other visitors use the Website.
Do others get this information?
Your information will only be shared with our agents, consultants and service providers. We do not otherwise disclose information about your individual visits to the Website or personal information which identifies you to other third parties unless we have your prior consent or unless required to do so by law.
How secure is the data that you store?
Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to Aethic have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for Aethic.
How accurate is the information that you hold on me?
You can check the information that we hold on you by emailing us at email@example.com We will send you the information (as held by us) within the appropriate legal time limit and will try to send it within 14 days. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.
We do not engage in collecting personal data of children. If we become aware that such data has been communicated to us without the children’s parents’ or other legal guardian’s consent, we will attempt to delete it without delay. In doing so, we shall be bound by corresponding instructions from you in your capacity as parents or legal guardians.
Do you use ‘cookies’?
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognise you and other users when they return to our site.
• Estimate how many of you there are and what you prefer to buy
• Store information about your preferences and to allow us to customize our Website according to our users’ individual interests.
What are cookies?
Do I want to stop them?
Due to their prime role of enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain parts of this website.
If you do not make either choice then you will be treated as having accepted all cookies on this site. Obviously you can change your mind in subsequent visits and use the buttons to change your cookie status for our site. If you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by our website (which as we say may prevent you from using certain parts of the site or from using the site as easily as you might), or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Third-party site cookies.
On our website we use social networking icons and we also sometimes embed video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result when you visit a page with content embedded from for example YouTube or when you log onto a social network via the relevant icon on our website you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you need to check with the applicable third party website for more information.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT. Thank you for accessing www.aethic.com (the “Website”). Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) before using the Website which is operated by Aethic Ltd., whose registered office is at 12 Stuart Road, EN4 8XG (“Aethic “). By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of the Terms in consideration of which Aethic provides you with access. From time to time Aethic may modify the Terms. Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing or using the Website. Your use of the website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time Aethic may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
- While Aethic has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via the Website, Aethic does not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website.
- There may be links that will let you leave this Website or that will let you access this Website from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of Aethic and Aethic is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by Aethic in favour of such site or the products or services contained in any linked site. To the extent that this Website contains links to or may be accessed from outside services and resources, the availability and content of which Aethic does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
- The Website, including (but not limited to) text, content, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, photographs, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material (“Content”) is protected by copyrights, trade marks and/or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by Aethic and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to Aethic. All individual articles, reports, and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website.
- You may not use any of Aethic ‘s trademarks or trade names without Aethic ‘s prior express written consent and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of those names and marks.
- You agree to notify Aethic in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website or any of the contents of the Website infringes any copyright, trade mark, or other contractual, statutory or common law rights of any party.
LICENCE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHTS
- You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these Terms and to download on the terms set out in this section. Other than as set out in this section you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, or in any other way exploit any part of the Website.
- Download is permitted by Aethic provided only that:
- (i) you make no more than one printed copy of such download and no further copies of such printed copy are made;
- (ii) you make only personal, non-commercial use of such download and/or printed copy; and
- (iii) you retain on such download and/or printed copy all copyright notices and shall remain bound by the terms of such wording and notices. Additionally, you may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any other medium (including distribution by over-the-air television or radio broadcast or distribution on a computer network) the Content or any part thereof. You may not make any part of the Website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the internet or otherwise. The Website and the information contained therein may not be used to construct a database of any kind, nor may the Website be stored (in its entirety or in any part) in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the Website.
- If you would like information about obtaining Aethic’s permission to use any of the Content or if you would like to link your website to the Website, email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Website and the Content are provided “as is” excluding any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law including (but not limited to) the exclusion of warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. Aethic further accepts no responsibility or liability for functions contained on the Website and makes no warranties that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- Aethic does not warrant that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Website or its server is free of errors or viruses, worms or “Trojan horses” and Aethic is not liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
- Aethic shall not be held responsible for Content provided by third parties. Aethic is also not responsible for the reliability or continued availability of the telephone lines and equipment you use to access the website.
- These Terms do not affect your statutory rights or your legal rights as a consumer.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You acknowledge that your use of the Website, including the Content is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, the Terms or any or the Content your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
- Save in respect of fraud and of personal injury or death to the extent it results from Aethic ‘s negligence, in no event will Aethic be liable to you or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if Aethic has been advised of the possibility thereof, arising from your use of the website. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website.
- Aethic does not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of Aethic, its employees, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against any of Aethic , its employees, representatives or agents, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against Aethic , its employees, representatives, suppliers, or agents is based on or arises in connection with:
- (i) your use of the Website;
- (ii) any breach by you of the Terms;
- (iii) a claim that any use of the Website by you
- (a) infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, or
- (b) is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party;
- (iv) any deletions, additions, insertions, or alterations to, or any unauthorised use of, the Website by you; or
- (v) any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by you contained herein.
- References in this section of the Terms to your use of the Website shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such a third party accesses the Website using your computer.
- You agree to pay Aethic, its employees, representatives, and agents any and all costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) awarded against any of them or otherwise incurred by any of them in connection with or arising from any such third party claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such third party claim.
- Either you or Aethic may terminate these terms with or without cause at any time. If Aethic terminates these terms, Aethic will email you at the address you provide on registration, and you will be deemed to have received it within one hour of transmission. Termination will be effective at that time. You will be responsible for notifying us of any changes to your email address. You may terminate by sending an email to email@example.com. On termination you shall destroy all Content, and copies thereof, obtained from the website.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
- You accept that Aethic has the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Website at any time at Aethic’s sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access the website.
TRANSMISSION AND FEEDBACK OF INFORMATION:
- You agree that Aethic may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Website in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
SEVERANCE & WAIVER:
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Except as provided herein, these terms and conditions are the entire agreement between us and supersede any prior understanding or agreements (written or oral). Nothing in this clause will operate to limit or exclude either party’s liability for fraud.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS:
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer on any third party (whether referred to in this Agreement by name, class, description or otherwise) any benefit or any right (under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce any provision of this Agreement or any agreement entered into in connection with it.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.